MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a problem with an oil leak from the air intercooler , i believe the problem is related to pressure limiting valve on the emmissions control system any other ideas

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
i have a problem with an oil leak from the air intercooler , i believe the problem is related to pressure limiting valve on the emmissions control system any other ideas
Where is the oil leaking from?

Do you mean there is oil in the hoses & intercooler?

This does come from the crankcase ventiltion system and is inevitable especially on higher mileage engines. It is nothing to worry about provided the amount is not so much as to cause blue exhaust smoke. In which case it could be due to a leaking turbo seal. (not very common)

In anycase, it will be worthwhile removing the pcv valve and cleaning it and its filter.

Details here on my website here:

http://tuning-diesels.com/75Zt/R75serv.htm#SS

Ron

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The oil is coming through the air intercooler and can be seen coming out of the top pipe into the egr valve inlet.
When you rev the engine up to 3000rpm oil sprays out of this pipe.
I have inspected the pressure relief valve for the emmissions and this seems to be ok
Oil loss is very high and Iam not currently using this untiil I can resolve this.
Thanks In advance

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
4,589 Posts
The oil is coming through the air intercooler and can be seen coming out of the top pipe into the egr valve inlet.
When you rev the engine up to 3000rpm oil sprays out of this pipe.
I have inspected the pressure relief valve for the emmissions and this seems to be ok
Oil loss is very high and Iam not currently using this untiil I can resolve this.
Thanks In advance

I'd suspect the turbo compressor oil seal.

That quantity of oil will not pass through the crankcase ventilation system.

Presumably the engine is producing blue smoke when running.

Ron

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also oil is coming out of the dipstick stem through a hole located between 2 seals on the dipstick the lower one being damaged by hole cutting into the seal everytime its removed.
I do not know if this is relevent to the above fault

Thanks Brendan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts