MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been getting into detailing a bit more lately......mostly because of this section of the site i think!!

so been washing/polishing/waxing my car more often than i ever have before.....but obviously haven't time to do this every week.

washing/drying is gonna be done but i was looking at quick detailing spray rather than polish/wax every week and was wondering how they work and what products are recommended!

cheers

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I use turtle wax, wax it wet very regularly infact I haven't given my car a "proper" wax for a year now. The finish and protection it gives is very good the car is always shiny and spotless, and when it rains the whole car beads.

It's a simple product to use just wash rinse and spray then dry off as normal.

Here is a snap of the finish it gives...

No doubt some of the others will have recomendations for you aswell.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
for me it doubles up as a clay lube but i'm sure there are other benifits.

my dad got my another QD spray to try yesterday, i havent seen it yet but I will test and post results.

·
Registered
mg_zr
917 Posts
Would a synthetic one like NXT Speed Detail be ok to use over a Carnuba wax LSP or would it be better to use something else?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
synthetic QD's dont bond very well so will be less effective than a carnauba based QD for waxed finishes.

Personally I use megs last touch and top up the wax seperately, the wax in QD's probably isn't that great in terms of clarity.

I'd recommend washing/.drying then using a good quality spray wax like Optimum car wax after every wash to freshen it up. I have 3/4L if chemical guys instawax going spare here if anyone wants to make me an offer for it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
So what benefit is there to using a carnauba QD spray over a normal wax (like Poorboys Nattys) in terms of washing a car every week? Is it just speed?

Sorry to sort of hijack a thread :boxedin:

Rich.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Without sounding like I'm pimping the stuff too much, Sonus Acrylic Glanz, hands down, own's megs NXT, and worth the extra few quid. I love the stuff, and it does a creacking job of repelling dust, a bonus when there's houses being built nearby :)

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Sounds like the one, it's good stuff, cheap enough for everyday use. I reserve the Sonus for a once a week post wash buff up, could do with a cheapy one for getting rid of fall out etc.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
i clayed and polished/waxed at the weekend - i'm just waiting for it to rain now to get some nice beading shots!

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Don't mention the R word! Apparently Saturday is gonna be a scorcher, so the best time to get your car clean is gonna be Friday night from about 6ish :) Then swank about all weekend taking reflection shots.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts