MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya

Wow I didn't really think I would be talking about this so soon. Hearing lots of news about mg-rover suspended thing. Been getting loads of people telling me to sell my car asap as the car will depreciate loads :sad2:

Do you reckon this is true and how much would the cars de-value in percentage if mg rover does go into admin?

Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
SmallRoverKid said:
Heya

Wow I didn't really think I would be talking about this so soon. Hearing lots of news about mg-rover suspended thing. Been getting loads of people telling me to sell my car asap as the car will depreciate loads :sad2:

Do you reckon this is true and how much would the cars de-value in percentage if mg rover does go into admin?

Thanks
Hang on to it i say, at the end of the day if things are that bad, (which they aren't) you probably wouldn't sell it anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The main reason

If everyone who owns a rover s**ts themselves and tries to sell their car you are going to get massive depreciation because you will flood the market.

Please guys I know its your money and its important, very important but at this critical time can we not fill the board up with posts from people papping their pants because some uninformed mates told them that their car is now worth a shiny button or that you wont be able to be able to find a replacement headlight bulb.

FFS some people are complaining that MGRovers are have really old underpinnings and have been produced for years and in the next breath bricking it about getting parts!!!

rant over!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
If there is going to be massive depreciation then it will already have happened.

The time to sell if any was LAST WEEK before this news surfaced.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I'd say hang onto if for a little while longer mate. Things can't really get any worse as they are at the moment.

If the deal goes through, then the value of your car should pick up again. If it does'nt, then things won't really change from what they are at now...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh well I guess your right. I think its best to hold onto to see what the outcome is! I wasn't really planning to sell it straight away anyway but just to get an idea if it was worth considering.

Oh well Im still lovin mine and treating it good! :hyper:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts