MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !

I recently decated my Ti and deleted the small silencer. I also added a Forge blowoff valve. However, i noticed small coughing and spitting from the exhaust. The engine seems to run fine.

In addition to that, it smells petrol from the back and consumes a lot of fuel. So i suspect it's running too rich. I read that the ECU has to adapt because of the cat deletion so it runs rich to protect the engine.

Finally, there is a boost cut. If i go full throttle from 2nd, 3rd, it is fine (it feels heastating a bit like not a nice pull, you can feel the turbo hesitating on boost but nearly perceptible) . And when it comes to the 4th there is a boost cut around 4000rpm.

Can you help me ?

· Registered
37 Posts
Usually rover mems units have a pre cat lambda and a post cat lambda I suspect since you have decatted the car that the ecu is over fueling , probably best getting a remap to make more use of the decat exhaust but not running a cat will cause a increase in fuel smell as nothing is dealing with the emissions

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually rover mems units have a pre cat lambda and a post cat lambda I suspect since you have decatted the car that the ecu is over fueling , probably best getting a remap to make more use of the decat exhaust but not running a cat will cause a increase in fuel smell as nothing is dealing with the emissions
You can't really remap a MEMS 1.9 the best i can do is tweak the fuel trip beetween 0 and 254 but i don't know which value i should set

Colorfulness Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

I currently set it at 134

1 - 4 of 4 Posts