MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been in the process of changing my ZT. The MG dealer has now refused to take it in p/x. What kind of message does this give. IF MG-Rover dealers won't support their own cars, what chance have they got of convincing everybody else. It's the same sorry story of the company shooting itself in the foot. I despair and if this situation continues there really is no hope.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That says it all really - doomed.

I might go off down the car boot sale and try to flog my MG for £10 - just like BMW once did.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
yes, which dealer WAS that? I'd be interested to know. Perhaps they would rather be selling Daewoos, er sorry Chevrolets than supporting their own?

And let's not forget that Chevrolets are made by that prime example of how not to run other peoples car companies, GM!!! :err:

Or perhaps they fancy shutting up shop and selling off the land for some much needed cheap and nasty, poorly built, overpriced, jerry built plasterboard 'homes' that can be snapped up and immediately rented out to poor b***ards who can't afford to get on the property ladder because every available house gets bought and rented out?????

Sorry, that's a very off topic rant, but back to the point. This dealer deserves to go under if that is his attitude. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
MLC said:
I been in the process of changing my ZT. The MG dealer has now refused to take it in p/x. What kind of message does this give. IF MG-Rover dealers won't support their own cars, what chance have they got of convincing everybody else. It's the same sorry story of the company shooting itself in the foot. I despair and if this situation continues there really is no hope.
And wot dealer is this then cause I can assure you you come to my dealership with it and we would be more than happy to get you into a new ZT

Please reply Regards Sjshep

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
MLC said:
Thimg is, they do not want to end up with stock they have no hope of shifting, as the cars are currently good as worthless. In hindight, it would explain the reluctance of several dealers to take my ZT off me in P/X a couple of weeks ago, and why I was in negative equity...

·
Registered
mg_zs
358 Posts
sjshep said:
And wot dealer is this then cause I can assure you you come to my dealership with it and we would be more than happy to get you into a new ZT

Please reply Regards Sjshep
sjshep you have a PM

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I was offered a new Rover 75 conn/se diesel with ALL the toys this morning. My PX would be my 2003 conn/se 1.8t with 19k on the clock. The changover price would be 9k. I know the list is about 23k for the diesel but I have no idea what the price would be in real life so I can't work out what they would be giving for mine but they were keen to do a deal but 9k is a bit rich for me considering mine is not yet two years old. My point is they were willing to take mine as px.

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts