MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i'm about to say yes or no about buying a mk2 zs180. its 54 plate, done 12000 miles, in firefrost with all the extras including body kit and large spoiler. the dealer (ex-mg-rover) wants £8495 for it. i want to p/x my 02 zs120+ with 44000 miles and hes offering me £3500 for it. what do you guys rekon? shall i bite the bullet and get it?
also, as well as the large rear spoiler it also has the small lip spoiler fitted. is this normal?

·
Registered
364 Posts
When part-exing the best thing to do is ignore the 'buy price' and the part-ex price and concentrate on what the difference is.

Last time we changed a car I said "I don't care where you find the figures from but I only want to pay £££ plus my old car."

it worked :)

(That was on the Mazda not the MG - I haggled lots for the MG and got it for £8150 54 reg 9 months old, no part-ex)

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Does seem to be a fair price. Like Xorro says, it's the price for change that makes your mind up. Is the balance within your budget?

If that were me I would haggle some more, but it is tight. Will they be throwing in 12 mths tax? 12 mths warranty? at least.

I was looking at a 190+ ZT '03 with 32k for £8495 the other day, I wasn't after one, but saw it on a forecourt. I thought that was a good price, but the ZS is a drivers car, not ready for the pipe and slippers yet :bgrin2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I work in a BMW dealer and we got a 52 MG ZS 120+ hatch in trophy blue in for £3250 trade in. its only done 35k and is mint so £3500 part ex is a really good price. Our place only paid out that much for it cause the bloke wouldnt spend his 55k on a new car if they didnt give him more than 3 grand!!

all staff are alolowed to buy trade ins at trade in prices so I bought that one and i love it, I got alot of car for three grand and made myself a tidy saving too :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive bought it! got £3500 for the 120, 12 months warranty, 12 months tax (£190!), and £250 worth of 'silver seal' body and interior treatment. ive also noticed that the 180 has an ITG Maxogin induction kit fitted. im sure thats a few 100 quids worth. i pick it up next tuesday, i can't wait! il get sum piccies posted once i work out how........

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
paul-zs120 said:
ive bought it! got £3500 for the 120, 12 months warranty, 12 months tax (£190!), and £250 worth of 'silver seal' body and interior treatment. ive also noticed that the 180 has an ITG Maxogin induction kit fitted. im sure thats a few 100 quids worth. i pick it up next tuesday, i can't wait! il get sum piccies posted once i work out how........
yep, nice one mate - Maxogen ITG kits retail at around £330 - £350 usually. and have been dyno proven to give up to 10bhp extra.

Hope you enjoy V6 ownership - just remember you will be visiting your favourite petrol station much more frequently now:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm hunting for a ZS180 Mk2 with all the trimmings 54 plate ish but nothing in Dundee and the only dealer I can come up with is www.smc-cars.co.uk who have a few but they are around £9900 which to me is a little higher than most. Plus as I want to trade in my 5dr Punto Mk2b 03 plate 1.2l 8v I dont fancy travelling down south to trade it. Any ideas? and why so high a price on smc?
cheers guys.

·
Registered
196 Posts
when i was lookign at tradeing my zs120+ in at smc for a new zs 180 mk2 i was offered 4k and its on a 51 plate and 23k mileage solar red with lpg con , they wanted too much for the 180 so i never went for it so i settled for a mk2 body kit for my mk1 zs and will soon have the pics to prove it .

Download ESQ

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rapid Yellow said:
yep, nice one mate - Maxogen ITG kits retail at around £330 - £350 usually. and have been dyno proven to give up to 10bhp extra.

Hope you enjoy V6 ownership - just remember you will be visiting your favourite petrol station much more frequently now:)

yeah, fuel economy will be a bit higher. anyone had experience of lpg on a 180?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts