MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a good solution for the badge problem, I have seen it discussed before but not read the posts. Mine have just suddenly gone really bad, both front and rear of my ZT saloon 04 model. I see rear ones in the xpart shop but no fronts and they will just go the same way as my current ones in a year or so. Is there a quality aftermarket supplier at a sensible price (could bulk buy for my dads mgtf too?

Piers

·
Registered
783 Posts
Are the guys on the XPower forum still selling the satin finish stainless steel ones? I used to visit over there quite a lot but stopped when a load of in-fighting started up. They were in the process of having some made up and they looked fantastic...

G

·
Mine went about a year ago - just after the crash.

I got two new ones (front + rear) and smeared vaseline around the edges and then wiped of the excess. Its the water that gets in around the edges that causes the de-laminating effect. So far so good and it worked on my previous ZS.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
kandyman said:
Think I have heard talk of using clear nail varnish and painting it round the edge
Clear nail varnish has been the answer for me 18 months on and the new set I installed still look like new. Mine were delaminating from the day I bought the car. Phoenix went into administration before I could get them replaced. That so far has been the only problem the car has suffered.
I lie, I had to replace a rear number plate festoon bulb at about the same time. :)
MM

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hope it helps,

But don’t do what mm does,

I don’t know how he manages it but in the process of putting the clear varnish on he somehow gets pink varnish on his nails on the time. :dddc:

G

·
I have sprayed several layers of clear laquer on my front badge when I replaced the old one. You can buy a can from Halfords for £4.99. I sprayed and left for drying then resprayed, repeat process several times so far so good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts