MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all i was thinking of de catting my zs 2.0 td does any one think it is worth it and what are the performance gains thanks sorry also read about turning up the boost how do i do that new to diesels

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got one off ebay.. Very High craftsmanship, All Stainless, including welds and bolts - £35 delivered which I thought was pretty reasonable..

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hello to all i was thinking of de catting my zs 2.0 td does any one think it is worth it and what are the performance gains thanks sorry also read about turning up the boost how do i do that new to diesels
if i remember rightly dave said 8bhp on his ebay site when i got mine off him and its DEFO worth gettin done!! dont worry about failling its mot cause mine just went thro no probs and he never even said anything about it either

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got one off ebay sorry wingy 777 £29.99 all in and same bore as cat hope it is ok thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Got one off ebay sorry wingy 777 £29.99 all in and same bore as cat hope it is ok thanks

I hate to say this but if you got yours from bhp boosters on ebay that do them for £29.99 and free postage you have just bought the wrong thing as it only has 50mm o/d piping which is much smaller than the std pipe work.

By fitting it you might lose power.

Quite a few on here have replaced the ones from bhp boosters with mine and noticed quite a difference.

It really does annoy me that the guy at bhp boosters claims that 50mm pipework is the same size as std where we all know that it is not.

Sorry to break the bad news!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I hate to say this but if you got yours from bhp boosters on ebay that do them for £29.99 and free postage you have just bought the wrong thing as it only has 50mm o/d piping which is much smaller than the std pipe work.

By fitting it you might lose power.

Quite a few on here have replaced the ones from bhp boosters with mine and noticed quite a difference.

It really does annoy me that the guy at bhp boosters claims that 50mm pipework is the same size as std where we all know that it is not.

Sorry to break the bad news!

Cheers
true only wingys are full size and i noted 8bhp increase using wingys decat on a dyno i would expect no to small increase on the ebay ones as they actually cause a restriction in the pipework not as much as a cat but still there is some restriction if going for high bhp it will be a problem.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yep i'll vouch for that too! I bought mine from someone else on ebay who was selling the 50mm ones being led to believe it was the right size i needed. It wasn't and as soon as Wingy started selling the right sized ones i purchased one and noticed a big difference over the other one.

Phil.

·
Registered
260 Posts
O poo which i had got a wingy one now .:banghead:
My advice is done even fit it as you will be worst off from where you are at the mo.

Try and send it back to the guy and tell him that it does not deliver the goods.

At least try and get your money back!

Wish you would of PM me or emailed me before you went ahead a bought the pipe. BHP Boosters are ripping off MG-Rover diesel owners left right and center by selling them decat pipes that are the same diameter as the 1.4 pertol versions. No modern diesel these days runs with such small tubing.

Cheers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
help

hi guys wingy do you have any pipes left for a 220 sdi
would love to fit this to mine and has anyone put rover rons tunning box on yet and is that all i need to get some ooommmppphhhh
many thanks titch

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Yes a ron box comes recommneded for any Di engine. (Just make sure you have a Di rather than a D as suggested in you user profile as the box won't work on them!). If it has an intercooler fitted as standard then it is a Di engine.

·
what a guy
6,972 Posts
alright wingy yeah just tried to send you a message but your inbox is full.

how much for a deat pipe for my 220 SDi?

getting paid on Monday so thought I'd finally take the plunge

cheers man

·
Registered
17 Posts
So how many people run without the cat and pass an MOT with it? This sounds like a very worthwhile investment if you don't have to change-over for emissions every year (this is what I would have had to do for my previous car, a petrol engine mind you)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts