MG-Rover.org Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. When I fit my exhaust im considering re-fitting my OE box and putting a K&N Panel filter.. IVe been told this is the best option if your after performance rather than noise

·
Registered
491 Posts
I was wondering do you have to remove the manifold from the engine or can you work on it from under the car,, lazy git that I am and all that.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I reckon youd need to remove it as the main restriction is at the top of the manifold... could be wrong though

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Yep, head ports are the main ones to tackle.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
jdrysdale said:
I was wondering do you have to remove the manifold from the engine or can you work on it from under the car,, lazy git that I am and all that.
You will need to remove it completely to get to the ports. Honestly is not as hard as it seems.

If any of you do decide to deburr then place some newspaper or something in the ports to stop crap getting inside and to protect the Lambda sensor and CAT from any foreign particles.

Here are the pics of the manifold before and after, click thumbnail for a better pic.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
'kin hell the originals are awful, another job to do :p

Just to check, do you HAVE to reweld the outside of the manifold as I can't weld :eek:uch:

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Not really. I didn't and it's been fine ever since and I've had the manifold off twice since then. Did the downpipe aswell.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Mine isn't externally welded and was done over 2 years ago.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts