MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way of taking out the wooden strip on the dash of my rover 214si? I would like to cover it with black stretch leather like i have done with other parts in my interior, but i can do a tidy job if i cant get it out....Or will i have to sand it and paint?

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
all you need is a small flat head screwdriver just put it under one end and prise it up will need a bit of force so be careful not to damage the dash.maybe a piece of cardboard under it so it dosen,t scratch.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
all you need is a small flat head screwdriver just put it under one end and prise it up will need a bit of force so be careful not to damage the dash.maybe a piece of cardboard under it so it dosen,t scratch.
Rather than a screwdriver, is a butter knife, wrapped in a hankercheif or similar.

Slide it under the wooden trim, and gently twist to take it out.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
I've seen the dash panel covered in faux leather before and it looks cack unless done very very well. You would be best off repsraying it or getting on off a ZR/25 GTi. If you want to go the fabric route, maybe try using faux suede instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts