MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly guys, I lost my old e-mail (and other bits) address and had to re-build my computer, I saved all I could then re-set to factory settings. So I'm the same Richard from previous posts, I had to re-register as a new member.

My family car always gets water in it at this time of year, it sits out all year and in winter has a lot of condensation on the inside window. Its a real pain in the &£!. So I recently brought some of those damp crystals, and this year no water on the inside of the front window, bloody marvellous. They come in packs of 3 and so far I've only used the two. One is in the MG in the garage, and the other outside in the family car.
I think to keep the damp out of the car, they are worth the money. I got mine with a cage they fit in from a Google search, but I'm sure E-Bay ones are just as good. If you do use them, and find a good one, let me know too.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
This time of year I keep one of these in my car:

They are absolutely brilliant 👍👍👍

Reactions: Richard Barrett

·
Registered
mg_tf
454 Posts
I use these, when they've soaked up enough water you just pop them in the microwave to reactivate them

or these

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good advice about the micro-wave, did not know that buddy?:love:
This time of year I keep one of these in my car:

They are absolutely brilliant 👍👍👍
Exactly, brilliant they do work very well too.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
1,988 Posts
I use these, when they've soaked up enough water you just pop them in the microwave to reactivate them

I killed one of them drying it out in a microwave, put it on for too long, the beads inside got so hot they burnt an hole in the side of the fabric :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Expect its trial and error, starting with maybe 10 seconds then waiting a while to see what happens. But its been a revelation on the family car. It always had damp inside on cold morning. Now I leave both front window open the smallest I can get, and with the new beads, its been dry each day, I'm sold on them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I may be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs hear but I am going through the process of running the below 6mm (internal) piping in the seals.
It seems to have dealt with a lot of the water ingress.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I may be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs hear but I am going through the process of running the below 6mm (internal) piping in the seals.
It seems to have dealt with a lot of the water ingress.
I too thought that was a good little bit of advice, as its cheap and works. I'm please you mentioned the size too 6mm internal, thanks Buddy.:love:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts