MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been cleaning the car today.

The car has always had some bloody awful swirl marks on the paintwork.

Now, I quite regularly use SRG to try and get rid of these, but having no machine, I dont tend to get far with them.

Now, I have used the two bucket wash method, and before washing with a mit, I rinse down and use a soft bristle brush (the bristles are almost like a soft cotton on the end) to remove the loose.

I then use another two buckets to wash with a mit, and then rinse with fresh water.

The SRG does help, but I dont want to keep applying it as I can never build up the wax finish, as the SRG just removes it again and also, I fear for the depth of the paintwork.

Today I have used AG Extra Gloss Protection and then Megs Gold Class Wax. It looks quite nice, but there are still swirls.

I shall see how these two go together before using them both again, the EGP is a git to get off!!!

My question is, I would like a polish that fills like the SRP, but doesn't strip the wax, Is there such a product???

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
correct - by hand polish with lots of fillers aren't that easy to come by - the only one you could try would be ClearKote Vanilla Moose - but even then I dont think its as good as super resin polish.

a couple of coats of that before its sealed and waxed might be a better idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts