MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, undo the screw within the handle, pop off all the poppers, but somehow this thing is still attached!

How and where do I remove this bad boy!?

Its drivers side rear door card btw!

Thanks

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Grab Hold of the door handle and pull up! (TO THE SKY)

When your putting door card back on you will need to take the black clip with "BMW" all over it off the door its self and place back on the door card!

You will need to slide it back on, you should see where....

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
you will also need to break, and replace the top xmas tree clip in the outer top corner. Make sure you have one of these before trying to refit the panel else it will hang off in that corner.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
Where are you based MGOracle?

I'll gladly lend a hand (done mine 100+ times!) if you're around the Lancs area :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys, managed to do it no problems. Rich, how do you 'replace' the top right (as you are looking at the door card in situ) clip mount!? Mine was actually still attached to the door and was the reason for removing it in the first place as I wanted to super glue it back on.

I cleaned it up, and glued it, but it still didnt work. How do you replace it!?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
MGOracle said:
Hi guys, managed to do it no problems. Rich, how do you 'replace' the top right (as you are looking at the door card in situ) clip mount!? Mine was actually still attached to the door and was the reason for removing it in the first place as I wanted to super glue it back on.

I cleaned it up, and glued it, but it still didnt work. How do you replace it!?
The clip just slides out of the door panel and you get a new one either from an MGR dealer or most car accessory places - costs about 80p

Getting the old one out of the metal door skin requires a bit of force. I use a pair of pliers and just pull it out.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure we're talking about the same thing here.

I'm talking about the mount that the white popper sits in on the inside edge of the door card. That mount has snapped off! All the white poppers are fine. This happened to me with a previous car, and its the cause of one annoying rattle!!!

Heres a question though. Why have a 'tweeter' pod and no tweeter on the rear speaker set up!? Doesnt even look like there would be room to fit the depth of one!

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
MGOracle said:
Heres a question though. Why have a 'tweeter' pod and no tweeter on the rear speaker set up!? Doesnt even look like there would be room to fit the depth of one!
MGR made a tweeter to fit in that space-still available afaik. iirc they were only fitted to the SE 75's or + ZT's.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Not having a picture to look at it's difficult to recall but i thought the popper mount was part of the door card? If thats the case it might be a new door panel.

The top right popper (drivers side panels) is a different design to the others so that when it goes in it stays - unlike the other which can be removed and reused. If this one has been replaced by one of the other types the top corner of the door panel will never be fixed firmly in place.

Oh and i have tweeters in the rear doors (Pioneer component speakers) and the appeture is the same as the front ones.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MikeM said:
MGR made a tweeter to fit in that space-still available afaik. iirc they were only fitted to the SE 75's or + ZT's.

hth

Mike
I have a 135+ but no rear tweeters. Rich, are you Pioneers aftermarkets jobbies!?

Yes, the mount was part of the door card, but its snapped at some point and got left in the door (with the white popper). Super Glue wont hold it as its such a fine mounting. Plastic weld time I think!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts