MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys... very sad indeed... i miss my MG TF ... he is on MG Work Shop, the engine leather strap (i guess is this how you name it, the strap that controls the engine) broked when i was driving.
It did quite a damaged on the engine, happily it didn't damaged the pistons, just the touches and valves and a few more things, very expensive fix, but since the engine has so litle kms i fixed, because with the price they are asking for repair i could get a new engine(with more kms that mine). My Engine has 16 570 kms, the said that the strap broken because something got in there.... they said that strap is protected but in this cars there's a part that it's not protected and the damaged it was made from there.
I think i will get my car next week.... i hope soo... i miss driving it :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes ... it has broken... the car is the same as PERRY-MGTF , its a 80 anniversary from 2004.

I guess its because the car was stoped for an all year.... and the cambelt starts losing its power. It's like the Radiator rubers.... if you let your car for 1 year or 2 you will see some damaged on the rubbers. Very sad indeed... only 16000 kms.... unbelievable

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
That is very sad Yuri. Your car is very new and very low mileage. I just hope you get next week with everything sorted out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only positive thing from this is that they are going to replace the pump... and the gasket...they are going to put the new ones, the isolation is not from rubber... this one is all metal... i guess this will avoid to have an HGF... unless i lose water from a broken pipe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts