MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
Typical stupid, stupid Daily Mail, asking the wrong question.


Tick either
Yes - the Government is to blame
No - it's not a political problem


er the government is not entirely to blame
and yes it's a highly political problem

very loaded, not helpful.
 

·
Registered
rover_800
Joined
·
3,497 Posts
Howard said:
Typical stupid, stupid Daily Mail, asking the wrong question.


Tick either
Yes - the Government is to blame
No - it's not a political problem


er the government is not entirely to blame
and yes it's a highly political problem

very loaded, not helpful.


I agree but tick the yes one.
 

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tick yes the government is to blame they want your votes and only they can give the money never mind the mails wording they will give it to hmg LARGE and that is what we want right now.


IVAN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Don't forget it was the tories who sold Rover off to British Aerospace to gain some coffers to give tax cuts!. And look what Aerospace did, sold Rover off to BMW when they already had good relationship already going with Honda, but preferred not to sell to them.
 

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
hangarstraight said:
Don't forget it was the tories who sold Rover off to British Aerospace to gain some coffers to give tax cuts!. And look what Aerospace did, sold Rover off to BMW when they already had good relationship already going with Honda, but preferred not to sell to them.
Honda didn't want to buy Rover outright, they were ready to take 49% of the company, with the remaining 51% being floated on the LSE or retained by BAe, but sadly this didn't happen. John Towers was responsible for BAe giving Honda time to consider an outright purchase of MGR, but sadly more than the 49% offer came from Japan and Rover Group was sold to BMW.
 

·
Registered
rover_800
Joined
·
3,497 Posts
hangarstraight said:
Don't forget it was the tories who sold Rover off to British Aerospace to gain some coffers to give tax cuts!. And look what Aerospace did, sold Rover off to BMW when they already had good relationship already going with Honda, but preferred not to sell to them.


It doesn't matter who did what in the past. We only care that the Government help MG-R out. If they are Labour Torie Lib-Dem is not the issue. Just friggin' help them that is all we ask. This is the first time since PVH took over that they have asked for any money, and this is a LOAN. To be paid back.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
54,941 Posts
Irrelevant what the torries would do. They are not in power at the moment. Labour are.
 

·
Registered
mg_zs
Joined
·
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hangarstraight said:
And so you all think the tories would have done a better job of this. Yeh right !!!!!!!!!!
This is nothing to do with politics I voted labour because the tories decimated our industries but they are all out to buy your vote so we have to make the tory mail think its readers want to do this and the mail will give hmg bad press so hmg will act because they want your vote.You can still vote for who you want to at the election!!

IVAN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
IVAN MG said:
This is nothing to do with politics I voted labour because the tories decimated our industries but they are all out to buy your vote so we have to make the tory mail think its readers want o do this and the mail will give hmg bad press so hmg will act because they want your vote.

IVAN
Yes I agree the tories did decimate our industries and I will never forgive them for that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
The point of this is - if the Daily Mail run a story about this, and Labour believe that people are changing their votes as a result of this issue, they may be highly motivated to do something about it. So blame them whether you think it's their fault or not, or whether anyone else would have done anything different.

Chris
 

·
Registered
rover_800
Joined
·
3,497 Posts
CJohn said:
The point of this is - if the Daily Mail run a story about this, and Labour believe that people are changing their votes as a result of this issue, they may be highly motivated to do something about it. So blame them whether you think it's their fault or not, or whether anyone else would have done anything different.

Chris


Exactly. As someone said you can STILL vote for whomever you want. :)
 

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
Joined
·
549 Posts
Gotta love the Daily Wail - 'What do you think of single mothers wearing sexy clothes and going out on the pull?' Oddly, no 'send them back to the workhouse' option...

Ohh, I did tick 'Its the fox-loving, amoral, pinkos fault' bye the way
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top