MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some repair work carried out to my Rover 75 a couple of days ago which included replacement of the front offside wishbone (? - sorry I don't know a great deal about theses things). The repairs necessitated a 4 wheel alignment/tracking check and the car does indeed now drive very straight and the steering feels quite a lot mor precise. The only problem, for which I would be grateful for advice, is that the steering wheel is now offset between 25 and 30 degrees to the offside (right) when the car is driving perfectly straight. Should I take the car back to the garage for them to re-align the steering wheel as it was fine before the repair was coinducted?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
They obviously didn't align the steering wheel before tracking the wheels. Take it back and get it redone.

Mine is like this too because the last guy that tracked my car couldn't be arsed trying to undo a ceased track rod, so he just aligned it with the steering at an angle. Even so the car drives straight, but it's a pain when the indicator doesn't automatically shut off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts