MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Czech Toyota-Peugeot venture to boost output

Automotive News / April 12, 2007 - 6:00 am

PRAGUE (Reuters) – Toyota and PSA/Peugeot-Citroen plan to raise output capacity at their Czech venture to meet growing demand, the company's chief was quoted as saying in a newspaper published today.

Yasuhiro Takahashi told the business weekly Ekonom in an interview that the firm might alter working shifts and make other changes to raise productivity and boost capacity to some 310,000 from 300,000 cars a year curently.

Last year, Toyota Peugeot Citroen Automobile (TPCA) Czech produced more than 290,000 vehicles, he said.

"We have a planned annual capacity of 300,000 cars a year, but Toyota as well as Peugeot-Citroen vendors are inquiring whether we could not produce even more," Takahasi said.

"I assume we could get to roughly 310,000," he added.

He also said TPCA expected to maintain its annual turnover at 1.7 billion-1.8 billion euros ($2.28 billion-$2.42 billion) this year, roughly flat from last year. The auto industry, dominated by Volkswagen unit Skoda Auto and TPCA and a number of other foreign investors, has been an engine of Czech exports and helped drive the country's economy to record growth of 6.1 percent annually last year.
SOURCE: Automotive News

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can hardly say I'm surprised I seem to see more and more of these cars on the roads everyday. In fact 6 family members now own one of these be it either a Citroen, Peugeot or Toyota model.

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
I can hardly say I'm surprised I seem to see more and more of these cars on the roads everyday. In fact 6 family members now own one of these be it either a Citroen, Peugeot or Toyota model.
I think they are smashing little cars, although they are priced at levels the cityrover was at, and was criticised for. Citroens lovely deals make them more accessible though, and the Toyota Aygo seems to have impressive residuals.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I think they are smashing little cars, although they are priced at levels the cityrover was at, and was criticised for. Citroens lovely deals make them more accessible though, and the Toyota Aygo seems to have impressive residuals.
Don't compare it with the CR please. Everything that was wrong with the Tata isn't with these cars other than the marketing restriction to two rear seats. As for pricing, they are onsale new from c £5500, at least £1000 less than the CR. Does seem silly that anyone would buy a Toyota over a Citroen though as they come down the same line!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Don't compare it with the CR please. Everything that was wrong with the Tata isn't with these cars other than the marketing restriction to two rear seats. As for pricing, they are onsale new from c £5500, at least £1000 less than the CR. Does seem silly that anyone would buy a Toyota over a Citroen though as they come down the same line!
I agree. There is also know benefit with residuals either as all three hold 43% over three years so it makes sense to stick with the cheaper car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts