MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
rover_p6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Can you tell my if CV joints for the 600 series are all the same?

I've got a 620SLDi and need to buy one for the car, and have seen some on Fleabay that seem reasnobly priced.

Thanks

Al

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hello all

Can you tell my if CV joints for the 600 series are all the same?

I've got a 620SLDi and need to buy one for the car, and have seen some on Fleabay that seem reasnobly priced.

Thanks

Al
hi i don't know for sure, but remember that the Diesel and the 620turbo are rover engines all others are honda. whats up with your CV joint then? clicking? boot split? any greese left in there? remember you can re pack the boot.

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
I'm pretty sure that all the outer joints are the same, it'll just be the inner ones that vary depending on the gearbox fitted.

There are two types of outer CV joint saying that. Ones with and ones without ABS rings on them. As it is a SLDi then it should be an ABS one and you can fit ABS ones to non abs cars too.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Iirc the early models had abs rings with 45 teeth, the later models 54 ish, they look different as they were different abs systems.

You can interchange them (cv joints outer) by removing the abs rings and swapping them if the replacement you have has the wrong abs ring fitted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check

Check with the motor factors, I have changed My N/S one recently, and there where three types that where fitted to my model (96 P Reg sdi), the motor factors took my reg and checked the parts listings and gave me the correct cv for my particular car.
Dave.

·
Registered
rover_p6
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got my dad on the case with the motor factors, so will report back.

It's flapping around worse than my grandmother's knickers!

It started off as a clonking when going round corners, to the right, but has now progressed to constant clonking. Not sure how much longer it will last to be honest!

I'm starting to wonder if it was such a cheap buy after all... The cambelt and fuel injection belt, on their own, was about £120!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts