MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

What sort of knock on effect do you thing the Current Situation at longbridge is going to have on the secondhand prices/value of TF's?

If no more are produced would demand exceed supply keeping things buoyant or is the current bad press/public perception of the brand going to push values down?

Kind Regards

A.Baines

·
Registered
mgf
59 Posts
Hard to say but I did pop in to my local (soon to be ex) MGR dealer this morning and was greeted with - "you want to hang on to that mate , that's just become a classic !" - They also state they will carry on servicing the F/TF as they own all the equipment and will be honouring outstanding warranties. However he also said they are actively looking around for another franchise !!! (Probably Japanese)

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Only time I think will answer that question. I personally am not concerned about how much my TF will be worth in x years, I have no control over that, so why worry myself. It will be worth whatever someone wants to pay for it.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
petevick said:
It will be worth whatever someone wants to pay for it.
...such a wise sage ;)

...I would think that intially prices would get depressed a bit (espeically if the dealers dump stock to keep trading) ... but then things will settle out in a few months.... also I would bet that PWC will probably find a buyer for the TF... probably something along the lines of what happened to the old Lotus Elan (the one from the early 90s)... just my guess

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
petevick said:
one of those "I really wish I hadn't typed that" moments :O
Don't wish your life away Pete.

I've never been too bothered about the value of a car - I generally make decisions on the 'cost to change'. Do I want the new car? Can I afford the change? Then go for it. Maybe that's why I've never got any money to spare for a weekend away in the Peak District.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts