MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
The normal problem is with the switches on the pedals - have a prod and play in that area and make sure that there is a good connection.

Normally, this happens when the clutch has been changed.

There are lots of threads on here mentioning faulty cruise control, and it is normally easily resolved.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I had the same problem and following advice from the forum it was solved, the micro switch is right up on the top of the clutch pedal, a bit fiddly to get to, mine had come apart, but once put back together problem went away.

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
662 Posts
I suppose the clutch switch itself could be faulty or needing cleaned.
Steering wheel switches could be next thing to check, but the airbag has to be removed to gain access.
Haynes reports the ECU and interface unit are behind the glovebox, to the left of the fuse panel. The glovebox would need to be removed for access. You could check switch operation from there, if you can figure out the wiring.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Good morning and welcome to the forum.

I thought that there were two switches - one on the clutch pedal and one on the brake pedal.

Never had to do it myself but understand that they should click into the correct position.

Have you tried both pedals ??

Hope this helps

David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cruise control

Just read through some old threads
as a matter of intrest will the switch actevator botton (a )fall out(b) get stuck inside switch ?I phoned the main agents today a new switch cost £13
or so what it like to fit do you need hands like a baby ? and arms like astick insect if so this rules me out

·
Registered
42 Posts
out of interest, does anyone have a picture of what these switches are supposed to look like? I had my head right up there with a torch yesterday and couldnt really see anything that looks like a switch on either pedal. Is it actually on the back of the flat footplate part of the pedal, or up next to the thin metal bar behind the footplate that connects the pedal to the car??

·
Registered
480 Posts
I think they are called "Hall" switches so try searchng on google for one!
Imagine a square section polo with a square section notched twiglet going through it... you make sure the "twiglet" bit is pushed up appropriately so it makes contact. And make sure the "polo" is at the right inclination against the pedal as it gets moved around by boots.

not good descriptions i.e. not to scale or size and probably taste less good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.