MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved my Genesis Profile 16's and if the dynamat comes in before the weekend they'll be getting wired up then!

Only problem is - I've never done this before and the speakers didn't come with any wiring diagrams. No idea how to wire in the cross-overs. The speakers consist of a right midbass, a right tweeter, a left midbass and a left tweeter.

Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
The crossovers are interchangeable from left to right, so it doesn't matter which you use for which pair of speakers. Each crossover will be for one "side", meaning a mid and tweet is connected to it. The terminals should be labelled for mid and tweet, and + or - ... is that not the case?

·
Registered
rover_25
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep but i've got a Tw+ +3

Tw+ 0
Tw-

I kno how to do the mids. But what is the +0 for?? What one do i wire up??

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
That will be a tweeter attenuation level. Connect the negative on the speaker up to the TW-, and the positive on the tweeter up to the TW+ 0 one. If you find that the tweeters are too quiet in comparison to the mids, disconnect the positive, and connect it to the TW+ 3.

That's only a guess, as I've never seen the Genny crossovers, but it seems logical, and tweeter attenuation on crossovers is fairly common

HTH

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts