MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas,

The clutch on my 1998 214 is fine, but when making slight movements on the clutch pedal, ie when reverse parking there is a definite dry sound and feel to the pedal. I have lubricated the pedal bushes and the external clutch arm on the clutch cover to no avail!!

Thanks for yor help.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I know what you mean its like a creaking sound that can be felt through the peddle and make clutch control a pain. I found that the large spring was the problem on the back of the clutch peddle. I oil it and it seams fine. Try not to have hot air set blowing on the floor I found this started the problem funny enough.

thanks

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I had a slight creaking and a notchy feel to my cable on the last inch of travel on my 200. If you remove the oblong shaped fuse box lid from under the steering wheel, so as to get a better view of the clutch cable. Then get a helper to depress the clutch pedal to the floor, you can get in between the inner and outer clutch cable with a thin long spout to lightly oil it, then work the pedal in several times. It cured mine.. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your help, I will try your sugesstions. Is there not a recognised problem with a pivot on the clutch arm also?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts