MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, a really fast ticking noise has started coming from the indicator relay, and then after a while, just blows the instrument panel fuse (fuse 1).

I've bought a new relay (well, off ebay, so dunno how good it is) but it keeps blowing the fuse.

I've seen on other sites that it could be with the wiring from behind the stereo (which I put in a week or so before the problem started happening) so could that be it? If so, what should I be looking for, bare wires, or could they just be a loose connection anywhere?

Any help would be greatful, as I'm driving with no indicators now :wavecry:

Thanks

Alex

(MG ZR btw)

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
The only time this has happened to me, and the indicators dont work, is when I havent put my indicator bulbs in correctly and the ticking from the dash goes nuts. Did you put new bulbs in? Also check the connections properly around the new relay and see if there is anything in the way that you may have possibly pulled on and loosened. I dont think would be any bare wires unless you have done some electrical work yourself.

Ps, if you dont have indicators, I hope your using hand signals :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hand signals, lol, only just about passed the theory bit, come on, give me some revision!!!

I've checked all the fuses and nothing I can see is wrong/different.

I've gone through so many 10amp fuses just trying to see if each thing works, but alas, no.

well, i might take it to a garage some time soon, should i go to an MG one, or just any?

Cheers for replying though.

Alex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sorted this problem out quite a while ago now, but Incase anyone is having the same problem, check the wires behind the centre console around the gap where the stereo is, and check for any burnt or bare wires as these will probably be shorting the circuit and causing the electrics to go pete tong.

If you need any help, just message me :)

Al0

1 - 4 of 4 Posts