MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,can someone please help me i recently bought a rover 75 (june 99 T reg) put it in for a service, the garage parked it after a test drive went for a cup of tea came back and the sod refused to start,the garage did some diagnostics and it was decided that the crankshaft sensor has failed,as they were getting no pulse from it,a new one was subsequently fitted and although the sensor is now pulsing it still wont start, they have now been scratching there heads from tuesday 08,they are now doing a full diagnostic on the wiring loom, can anyone give me some info as to a shortcut where to look first to alleviate this time consuming exercise.

i am aware of the product recall re this crankshaft senser prob and assume it was done,perhaps it wasnt?
i would be most grateful for any info, regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your reply murphy,you know i dont know what engine it is would i find that in the handbook that came with the car?i would assume that that is one of the first things they would check the petrol getting through.Also they have fitted a new sensor........ah sorry its a 2ltr auto doh !

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The fuel filters have a common problem in parting and suddenly, usually without warning, the car will not start.

This may or may not be the case re your car but certainly worth asking the mechanics if they've checked it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts