MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Currently, half the engine is out of the 200 due to the head gasket going. With half the engine out, I thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of this by fitting a new clutch (it's the original and on 93k).

How easy is it to fit a new clutch, and also timescale if the half the engine is already remved?

Also, the starter motor is a little tired. I was thinking, is it possible to fit a Rover 25 starter motor to my 200? Only want to do this as they sound better turning over than the 200.

The 200 is 1999 1.4 by the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Si

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
cant see there being much advantage to fitting a clutch as the head is off, possibly better work space from above.

You need to remove the box from the vehicle anyhow.

Starter motor, cant seem them being any different to the 25. They sound better because they are new. With a couple of months it will sound like any other Magnelli Marreli motor on a K. Dont let me put you off, if its tired, get it replaced. Theirs plenty of them in scrappers.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Having the head off isn't really going to help you with a clutch replacment. You will still have to access the gearbox from underneath.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts