MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As part of my project i want to replace the factory speakers both front and back in my 220. My thought is to drop some 2 way units front and back with a small 10 inch sub in the boot as i don't need huge bass notes.

So can anyone tell me what size the factory units are and will i need to do any mod's or will aftermarket units just drop in, and if so does anyone have any recommendations please.

Cheers.

:)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
8" round jobbies in there at the mo, other 8" will drop right in although you may have to drill some new screw holes but thats about it

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
ah yes thats the easy bit. The holes are a non standard shape for the 8inch circular replacements, so you have to make some MDF spacers, get some insulation, then try to jam ur face against the screen and install them using a screw driver 12mm high or the glass gets in way lolol. and for £90 a pair you might as well get something else for the car. eg better sub and amp.

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,562 Posts
ah yes thats the easy bit. The holes are a non standard shape for the 8inch circular replacements, so you have to make some MDF spacers, get some insulation, then try to jam ur face against the screen and install them using a screw driver 12mm high or the glass gets in way lolol. and for £90 a pair you might as well get something else for the car. eg better sub and amp.

What would be better to install 6x9's mounted across the 8" space available or 8" speakers? i have a 2 channel amp for speakers which is 80rms per channel.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It really isnt worth the hassel! I bought a superb pair of JVC 6x9s for my coop, went to fit them in and alas....

6 months laterI still haven't put them in. Only got the front speakers going and I'm happy with it, I ignore what people in the back might think.

If I find a way round this problem I'll post it. Watch this space.

Ant

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,562 Posts
I have produced a guide to fitting rear speakers on Rovercoupe.co.uk FAQ AND TUTORIAL section.

Its no hassle tbh, 2hours on a sunday.

·
Registered
682 Posts
sorry lol was refering to the '-'. Just realised that both redirect to same site so ignore me (yet another) blonde moment!

:slap:

Thanks anyway

1 - 19 of 19 Posts