MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is an odd one for you guys :)

I'm in the process of designing another incar PC for my 216 coupe, everything is fine with the actual instalation, the only thing I am a bit stuck on, is where to put the board. I am a bit worried about vibration and have a few places that jump to mind.

A)In the boot, secured to the back of the seat
B)In the boot, secured to rear quarter panel
C)Under passenger chair
D)Against the bulkhead

Obviously, I would prefere it concealed but don't really want it against fabric, due to static charge but at the same time, having it against metal will transfer shock.. I can route static away but wonder if anyone has any ideas? This unit is for camera's (real time drive recording against accidents etc) and GPS and a few other odds and sods.

Anyway, help much appreciated.

Sean

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Emps, Had sat in the back today trying to work it out and didn't even think of the rear door cards but I know they are cushioned from behind. I will have a butchers of them tomorrow.

Thanks again, sounds perfect!

Sean

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the bubble shape (Its on an S plate) Im taking out the ashtray and moulding the screen in there, it was either that or a pull down monitor but thought that would be a bit 'on dispay' Camera mount I was going to stick next to the mirror but have opted for wifi pinhole on both bumpers which will take up less room.
I thought the dash would be difficult but I was suprised at how much space is behind there.

Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts