MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...she's in the garage tomorrow to get the heatshield looked at (it rattles at certain RPM 6 months after getting the Scorpion fitted)

But, she has started (last few days) idling at 1,250rpm half the time. I assume this is a timing issue maybe? Any thoughts so that i have some ammo to hit the garage with when they tell me I need a new engine..? :lol:

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
A faulty engine temperature sensor telling the ECU that it is cold so it applies the "choke" to raise the rpm and enrichen the mixture maybe the cause.

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
being as we're having some cold mornings etc at the moment, the engine will idle higher to prevent itself from stalling.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine temperature sensor sounds like a possibility. TBH it's been idling high even after 20 mins of driving, so i don't think its the cold.

Any idea how much a sensor might cost? Does this have a name/part number at MGR?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Check the butterfly isn't sticking.

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
I don't know the MGR number but I got one for about 8 quid from my local motorfactor for mine about a month ago, and I'm betting it'll be the same on yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts