Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story made short.

no radio.
no clock.
no interior light.
leaky boot.
no boot light.
//edit - rear wiper too

suspect fuses, its dark and my illegal dance party CD doesn't work right on Vista - which fuses should I be looking at and where?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would boot light also be on same fuse? thats whats messing with me bonce. :dunno:
//edit - and the rear wipers U/S too.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to. got to pull the soaking carpet out at first light :mad: :roverjockey:

anyone got a can of petrol and some matches? :cus:

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorted.

the interior lights, clock, boot light, rear wiper and radio all run off the same 10amp fuse.

I wondered why my Clifford would go off randomly when it rained and when arming, so I counted the LED flashes and it told me that the boot was being triggered.

After doing some digging I found that the alarm uses the negative wire for the boot light as the trigger.

On closer inspection and some unravelling of loom I found this....

:shake:

The wire was just rats tailed onto the wire, no connector block, nothing. :shake:

after some trimming and cutting I dropped them into a connector block, stuck a new fuse in and hey presto, it works - with no more warnings from my alarm either!

******* cowboy installers :shake:

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
If the fuse number is the same as the R25, the fuse in position 3 runs the audio/clock/interior light.

I had a similar problem, checked/changed the fuses. Everything is ok now.

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cant remember the number, i just thought it was strange having the rear wiper running off it too :dunno:

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
I cant remember the number, i just thought it was strange having the rear wiper running off it too :dunno:
What i found strange, was that with the fuse blown, the clock still worked!!!

Just the fact the clock always was 5mins slow, changed the fuse and the clock/interior light and the CD changer works!!

Cheers
Skelo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts