MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have MG-Rover not been using the 75 Coupé and the MG Coupé as examples to the Chinese as to the beauty Rover can create? They should at least use them to prospective buyers!!

Thoughts...

·
Banned
2,065 Posts
THe TF coupe was dreamed up by Mayflower, and should have been production for years. I hate the 75 two door but thats just my thought.

Problems that i see are many, for example Time is running out for Euro-4 emissions............where are MGR on that?
Mega

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Updated K series ready to roll Mike. Believe it or not, they actually do know what they're doing at Longbridge, its not all last minute panic and headless chickens you know. Leave that crap to Ford & GM. ;)

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I hope so; that Car is a gem, and Rover could do with some newish metal round the place. I bet the production line workers at Rover are getting bored of making the same Cars year after yea after yea....

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Ice D said:
Will the 75 Coupe ever be built now?
No.

In fact it was never going to built. How could MGR tool a new bodyshell when the couldn't retool for the 25?

Remember it was the collapse of the 25 starting in late 03 (after the company failed to deal with the Head Gasket scare) that finished them off. This car had been the prop and needed the investment instead of being allowed to whither away.

The coupe like the V8s and the SV was yet another vanity project that just wasted time money and resources.

That's why the p4 deserve all the flack. They liked playing at being car manufacturers rather than actually produce mass market cars that would sell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts