MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hope you all had a great time today, a bit too far for me so I decided to start working on my CDT.

When I bought my CDT a few weeks ago to replace the V6 I decided that I would try and do more of the servicing myself, one to try and save some money but also to have the enjoyment of doing it myself. So today armed with cheap genuine Rover parts I changed the Air Filter (not as easy as on the V6) and the fuel filter. This along with the £30 oil and filter changed I got done at a local Ford fast-fit last weekend has meant I have spent the pricely sum of £58 on what to me seems to be basic service.

Now this may no sound much to you petrol heads but I have never done any work on any of the cars I have had.

Waiting on some Genuine Rover rear pads and Mintex fronts (both bought for £35 total but I may get a local mechanic to fit.

Stubie

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Evening Stubie,
You be careful your not doing me out of business ;)

Good to hear tho you tackled the job yourself and came up trumps. Side note mate on your rear pads - buy the warning light wires too ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good for you. I have always taken great satisfaction from doing these jobs. It's not that hard is it? You will know that the job is done correctly, and the mechanic is going to do the job correctly as it is his car (and money).

Shame you couldn't make Beaulieu, but look at the photos appearing, and this will give some flavour. 6 cars from Continental Europe on this occasion, and I believe 83 cars in all.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hiya Lates, will send you a PM soon on work on the brakes and perhaps coolant change, I was going to try it myself but the missus says to watch the experts before I give it a go myself. I know you did the rears on the V6 and I will pay more attention this time, and hopefully more hands on.

Also need to get it checked over before MOT in mid August,

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
You are more than welcome to watch me do one side and then "let you loose" on the other side no problem. Best to vac fill the cooling system tho mate.Bring a digi cam and upload as a "how to" file ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts