MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a rough idling problem with a Rover 200 V-Reg. These problems first occured after I had done an engine flush and an oil change but I just put it down to coincidence.
After reading some threads on here regarding sticky valves/hydraulic tappets the symptoms are the same as what I am having as once the engine is fully warmed up it is ok and has got slightly worse since the problem first happened. I am now thinking that ther maybe a bit of rubbish or something left there by the flush that is causing the problem?
Is it worth using some of the wynns hydraulic tappet stuff to give them a clean out?

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, when I try to drive off there is a definate hesistancy as though the car does'nt want to go when it is warming up. It is the same if I just rev it on the drive, one minute it just does'nt want to rev then all of a sudden it will fly round?

·
Registered
mg_zr
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe not misfire but does jerk/shake pretty bad when it is doing it and I was listening next to the exhaust manifold and it did'nt sound smooth like a continuous flow of gas more like it was chugging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts