MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you know it's almost incredible, what I found out. (I will explain in km and litres) I was at a petrol station and went for quite a long drive, which lasted 490 km. I was on a motorway for at least 150 km, driving as fast as 200 km/h, but approx. 140 all the time on the motorway. In this distance there are a few spins made with my neighbours to show them, how fast my Vi goes. Then after 490 km I drove to a petrol station and filled it up fully. I could fill in 37 litres. That means that 13 litres were still in there. And If I calculated the numbers correctly, I could do almost 650 km. And the km/l (mpg) was 7.6 litres on 100 km. Could that be right ? I had a 214 Si before and I don't think it used so little fuel. Your experience ?

aRTy

·
Registered
446 Posts
According to my calculation it comes to 37mpg...that is economical if you consider the trashing, but not that far out from what it should be.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
lol it beats my 214si hands down, I get 32-33mpg near enough everyweek, with a mixture of nice careful drivin & pedal pushing driving.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
*wimper* apparently mine could be to do with bindin brakes but after the weekend I 've had who knows *shrugs* will eventually find out.... one day

but stats for my car were 40mpg mixed driving 30 town & 50 motorway, so can't complain really. To be honest I enjoy driving too much to moan any more :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
How much do ur brakes bind??
I'm gettin mine seen to, I can hear them rubbing and the squeek at high speed, like a really high pitched squeek.. I HATE it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it kinnda shocked me to get so much out of it. I could do around 550 - 580 km with my 214 Si. Will try to drive very economical with one petrol tank, and I'll give you the results. For a 1.8 engine that is quite nice I think. My friend's got a Clio 1.2 16v 75hp and can do around 620 km with one tank.

I guess Vi is a completely different story :)

Tnx for answers !

aRTy

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
im just glad some rovers are gettin the mpg theyre suppose to :p

lol gaz i got another thread goin for my breaks bindin , not goin well tbh inconsiderate garages, have to see how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts