MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chris and all, in a lot of your posts you advise people to have their front suspension arm grease nipples filled with grease and the suspension bushes lubricated. Im having my camshaft sensor changed on Saturday- how much time should they charge to grease those bits if I ask them to do it as well?
Thanks

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Hi Chris and all, in a lot of your posts you advise people to have their front suspension arm grease nipples filled with grease and the suspension bushes lubricated. Im having my camshaft sensor changed on Saturday- how much time should they charge to grease those bits if I ask them to do it as well?
Thanks
Dontr know for sure, but I do it mysekf regularly and all it takes is to rmeove wheel, inject grease, replace wheel so Iwould not expect it to be expensive at all, not more than more than 1/2 hour labour .

Dont quote me though.

I thoguht Chris only mentioend coolant caps :dunno::lol:

:dddc:

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,184 Posts
jtmlk I don't know separately but I would go along with Broon's first paragraph. Before he started to type rubbish! :lol:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You can grease the front one's without removing the wheels, just put them on full lock and you can get to em, but I had to remove the rear wheels to do the back.

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
You can grease the front one's without removing the wheels, just put them on full lock and you can get to em, but I had to remove the rear wheels to do the back.
Never tried that before, but I will now . Cheers :broon:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am considering having a go at this...is there a how-to anywhere, I don`t know what the grease points look like or what to do when I find them?

Also can you recommend a link to a grease gun, I haven`t a clue what I need???

Chris

1 - 20 of 29 Posts