MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_sd1
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day all, I am trying to find the Dimension or Vendor who stocks the core / welsh /cup plug for the engine block of a TD4 2.0 lt This particular plug despite some temp epoxy fix is seeping. It is positioned directly below the exhaust manifold at about cylinders 2&3.. This point being quite a high degree inaccessibility as the space between the turbo and block as well as other pipes MEANING it cannot be measured without the complete removal of manifold and turbo.
If anyone is aware of a vendor to make purchase or person who knows the dimension of this particular Plug I would be eternally grateful. It will mean that I can still run the car while waiting for the part.
thank you
Hugh

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Good Day all, I am trying to find the Dimension or Vendor who stocks the core / welsh /cup plug for the engine block of a TD4 2.0 lt This particular plug despite some temp epoxy fix is seeping. It is positioned directly below the exhaust manifold at about cylinders 2&3.. This point being quite a high degree inaccessibility as the space between the turbo and block as well as other pipes MEANING it cannot be measured without the complete removal of manifold and turbo.
If anyone is aware of a vendor to make purchase or person who knows the dimension of this particular Plug I would be eternally grateful. It will mean that I can still run the car while waiting for the part.
thank you
Hugh
RIMMER Bros have them part no 37D2260L

·
Registered
rover_sd1
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you managed to find one from a local land rover dealership.

·
Registered
rover_sd1
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the Core plugs a week or two back . Thought to advise to be prepared to remove the inlet and exhaust manifolds if you have a 2.0 lt diesel. A long Tommy bar with a pointed end small enough to get into the hole to remove the plug.
I had to punch the hole bigger as no drill would fit in the gap between the Turbo and engine block .. Quite a SOB as there is little space in which to knock the punch. A block of wood is required to provided extra leverage and protect the block .
My recommendation id that if one Core / Welsh plug has gone US, the remainder are about to follow. Spend the time to do them all. I did not not and withing hours on a short run I noted another had failed, Requiring another load of wasted work.
The Plugs size for future reference are British standard 1 and 1/8 inch in diameter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts