MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75_v8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I just bought a low mileage Rover 75 V8. But I have a question. When the engine run cold for 5 minutes idle and then I open the coolant expansion tank there is already (a little bit) pressure on. And when the car is driven for a long time and then I open it the water come out of the tank.
The car don't use water and the engine temperature is Always ok.

Is this symptom normal for these cars of is there a problem. My other car,a Rover 827 never had such a water pressure when driven.

Thanks

·
Administrator
54,941 Posts
They are sealed systems that run under pressure when hot. You shouldn't be opening the expansion bottle when the coolant is hot.

They have their own pressure release systems if required.

·
Registered
rover_75_v8
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response,but whem the car is driver for a long ride and the morning after there is still a little bit pressure on

·
Registered
mg_zt
76 Posts
Mine is similar, check that your coolant level is below the top of the fins in the bottom of the expansion tank, and it should be ok, change the expansion tank filler cap in case it's faulty or see if it relives pressure at 15PSI which is it's std. working pressure.
It's not 15psi but 21PSI is the working pressure, sorry for the wrong information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts