MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All have just replace the 4-way connecting hoses on my MGTF (2004). However, have forgotten which of the three connections the small plastic restrictor goes into.

Is it:
The small metal engine rail to 4-way?
The heater hose outlet.? or
The connection to temperature sensor hose?

Please see pics for clarity of my description!

Thanks MGFnTFBitz - Only pic I could find.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,819 Posts
I have to say you lost me. Why would you need plastic restrictor on any of mentioned position? If hoses are of correct size and you can clip them to 4-way connector why you would need restrictor? What is the purpose of such restrictor?
Imam more inclined to opinion that "restrictor" goes to the end of the fat long pipe at the bottom leht hand side of your pictures which includes pipes.

·
Registered
mg_tf
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is an internal restrictor in one of the three outlets of the 4-way connectors. it slides into the inside diameter of the pipe. I can take a pic tomorrow and post it if necessary.

The bottom left pipe id a heater pipes and is showen with a quick-fit connector

·
Registered
mg_tf
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the updated pic showing the 4-way connector, the restrictor, and it pushed into one of the inlets/outlets. (No sure if it is the correct one).

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,819 Posts
I see what are you saying. However, I am under impression this restriction was not original but added for some reason I cannot see. I cannot find this restriction as part of either hoses or 4-way connector when bought new.

·
Registered
mg_tf
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Roverlike It did come with the complete hose assembly, shown in pic, from the supplier. However I did place it in the inlet/outlet which goes to the heater and the heater for some reason to an extremely long time to warm up (not get hot) so I removed it an heater back to normal. I am currently running the engine to bleed the system, so will let you know what the result is.

·
Registered
mg_tf
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have taken the car for a 30 mile run. No overheating problems. So think I will leave it out (Restrictor) unless some one tells me different

·
Registered
mg_tf
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just received a comment from another forum. The restrictor goes into the inlet/outlet that goes to the small engine rail pipe.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,819 Posts
Just received a comment from another forum. The restrictor goes into the inlet/outlet that goes to the small engine rail pipe.
Yes, I know since I am member there as well ...

·
Registered
MGF vvc Poko
791 Posts
Wasn't this an "improvement" added to make the system work better? I am sure I read something about it when I converted my MGF to the PRT system but I can't remember the details

·
Registered
mg_tf
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wasn't this an "improvement" added to make the system work better? I am sure I read something about it when I converted my MGF to the PRT system but I can't remember the details
Hi. Yes you could be right. I have decided to put it back in! Another job for tomorrow.

·
Registered
mg_tf
29 Posts
When my 4-way connector broke and left me stranded in a cloud of steam I made my own, complete with restrictor (no problems since 2013..) - I doubt it will ever break again :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts