MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi sorry for joining and tapping out a question in the first minute. However, I'm helping a friend get a 2003 mgtf back onto the road.
can someone help me with how the coolant hose marries up? I have already put new stainless under the car but all the hoses were already off the car when he got it. I'm just wondering how the following pipes are routed.PEH100820
PEH000090 (engine to underfloor pipe)
Am I correct that as I stand at the boot looking forwards PEH100820 coolant pipe like a large Z in shape connects from the left-hand underfloor (stainless pipe) to the coolant rail on the engine?
I also have just spotted an o2 sensor after the manifold, does this connect to the plug by the non-timing belt end of the crankshaft. (if you get my drift)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi sorry for joining and tapping out a question in the first minute. However, I'm helping a friend get a 2003 mgtf back onto the road.
can someone help me with how the coolant hose marries up? I have already put new stainless under the car but all the hoses were already off the car when he got it. I'm just wondering how the following pipes are routed.PEH100820
PEH000090 (engine to underfloor pipe)
Am I correct that as I stand at the boot looking forwards PEH100820 coolant pipe like a large Z in shape connects from the left-hand underfloor (stainless pipe) to the coolant rail on the engine?
I also have just spotted an o2 sensor after the manifold, does this connect to the plug by the non-timing belt end of the crankshaft. (if you get my drift)
Hi not really sure how the pipes you mention (by number) fit, but I suggest that you have a look on Rimmer Bros site. They usually have diagrams of pipes and where they fit, sorry that I can't be any more helpful. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Should be the right hand pipe when looking from the rear....

If the plug is the only one free yes! there are a few block connectors in that area but they usually have notches to ensure you don't mix the blocks up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TF should be the left hand pipe when looking from the rear...picture is of an F which the flow is different pipe circled is PEH100820

View attachment 136902

If the plug is the only one free yes! there are a few block connectors in that area but they usually have notches to ensure you don't mix the blocks up
Thanks, I had viewed the rimmer bro catalog and from a few pointers, I assumed the pipe circled had been fitted to the left and was a tad confused when the rimmers bible sort of showed it to the right.
Must make a point of making sure I look tf not assume it's all the same.

As far as the O2 sensor pre-cat I think its called seemed to only fit that block. It was when I happened to see theirs also another sensor after the cat I wondered if it was obvious. I haven't looked around too much to be fair as the car is 3 feet in the air as it made sense when fitting the coolant underfloor pipes.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Later TF's had a PRT fitted so totally different pipes and easy to get mixed up, in fact I originally mention the left but then edited :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Later TF's had a PRT fitted so totally different pipes and easy to get mixed up, in fact I originally mention the left but then edited :)
Yes I did find it a mind field when trying to source some of the pipes, seems so many combos but luckily I managed to at least get that bit right am I correct in saying the pipe (like a giant Z) now goes from left-hand ss pipe to the coolant rail on the engine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I did find it a mind field when trying to source some of the pipes, seems so many combos but luckily I managed to at least get that bit right am I correct in saying the pipe (like a giant Z) now goes from left-hand ss pipe to the coolant rail on the engine
oops sorry, right hand or left. I'm a bit confused must be the heat There is no PRT on the old hoses and the other is like number 9 in the diagram

1 - 7 of 7 Posts