MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup checked my coolant (daily checks ive turned to now) and its dropped way below the minimum mark, also there was no hiss when the cap was opened. loss of pressure? im trying to avoid it being HGF. though if it is, its under warranty so meh. just worried this is somethin that could cause it lol.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its like warranty wise or someone , i have to pay a percentage for the first month if i make a claim , so ill wait haha

·
Registered
mg_zr
29 Posts
If you think its HG you'll know because of the mayo appearing crap in your oil when you check that. If not, and your getting regular misfires in the morning this would also point to HGF.

If you dont have either of these like I always say dont always think the worst. A HG replacement once done can lead to it needing more regular replacement.

There are plenty of other reasons why you could be loosing coolant, in my Rover 214Si at the bottom of the rad outlet on the cool side I believe the seal had gone, and leakage was going on from there. Furthermore it could be loose hoses etc so tbh its best you get it checked out anyway by someone who can properly check it all.

Hope some of this might help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts