MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After trying for a year to convince my brother to buy an MG Rover product, I finally managed to get him to change his Renault Clio for a limited edition MG TF Spark. Got a good deal as it was pre-registered from SMC for £12,995.

It looks pretty good in Sonic Blue I think.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
santa20 said:
How is your brother likeing it compared to the clio?
He absolutely loves it. It is quite a step up from his Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique that he had previously.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cplnobbs said:
nice car shame about the colour!!! IMO.

I like the dark blue they come in mmm gorgeous..
He was originally going to get a TF 115 in Royal Blue. Unfortunately, when you seem them both side by side, there is absolutely no contest. Sonic Blue every time. Also the 'Spark' Limited Edition gives you alot more spec - Half Leather/Alcantara Seats, Front Fog Lights, 16" Alloy Wheels, Chrome Pack, CD Player etc. The standard TF 115 is a bit basic by comparison.

Also, because the Spark has a better alarm, it worked out cheaper for him to insure than the standard TF 115.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have converted my two managers at work to stay with there mgr products but change from the 75 to the mgzt. They love there rovers and would not be buying a BMW as they are two common and theres no value for money.. they love it when they blow away the mbw in the 75. Another friend at work wanted a sporty citroen. So hes now buying a top of the range MGZS 120 with all the gagets.

·
Registered
175 Posts
God … now that is beautiful … two MGs side-by-side.

Congrats on getting him to purchase an MG. Love the colour – Fantastic!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Good work Ian and Neil!!

I love the colour of that TF btw, sonic blue looks really fresh and just..well, really fantastic! :xmas:

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
You cant tell me that they look old fashioned.

They look like two, very up-to-the-minute cars sitting there.

V. nice picture and gorgeous motors.

G

·
I converted two ex-collegues from Vauxhall and Rover (oops) to MG.

The now have MG ZR's and ZS's

I preach the good of MGR to everyone

·
Registered
199 Posts
EssexMGR,

Your brother wasn’t over by Homebase and KFC yesterday (Monday) was he? I was behind a 54 reg TF the same colour as your brothers. Looked a really nice colour.

I was in a XPG ZS180

Ross

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
620 Posts
Coincidentally, "H Musgrove", an occasional poster here, has just told me that he has got a friend of his out of a Clio and into a TF135.

TFs are enjoying a real resurgence in sales, according to my dealer. They are flying off the forecourt as soon as they come in.

G

·
Yes the dealers in West Yorkshire report very strong sales of the TF's/ZR's/ZS's/ZT's/25's. 45's improved as too 75's. CR no where :(

MG Rover Wakefield reported best month ever!

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RossH said:
EssexMGR,

Your brother wasn’t over by Homebase and KFC yesterday (Monday) was he? I was behind a 54 reg TF the same colour as your brothers. Looked a really nice colour.

I was in a XPG ZS180

Ross
Probably, the car has only been on the driveway for a few minutes for me to get the photo. The rest of the time, he has been out driving it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts