MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I've been reading a lot on here today & yesterday & is a fantastic site.

I've really confused myself though. On impulse I test drove a X reg 2001 MGF 1.8 Metallic Blue 36,724 miles @ £5.995 on Saturday. I have a Toyota Celica at the moment which I have had for nearly 3yrs.

I thought the MGF was soooo lovely. I wanted some advice though from all you experts. I thought this was over priced, although in lovely condition? The interior carpet in the boot & by drivers door kept popping out, the sales guy in garage said that the carpets were never cut to size properly is this true?

I also don't have a garage, it would be an everyday car, is there problems in the winter? I'm I better waiting til I have a garage to keep it in?

Sorry to ask soo many questions on a 1st go, I keep talking myself into & out of buying it!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
My MGF sits outside in all weathers, no problems here. Mine does the interior carpet thing too, just stick some fresh velcro on it and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Hello Everyone

I've been reading a lot on here today & yesterday & is a fantastic site.

I've really confused myself though. On impulse I test drove a X reg 2001 MGF 1.8 Metallic Blue 36,724 miles @ £5.995 on Saturday. I have a Toyota Celica at the moment which I have had for nearly 3yrs.

I thought the MGF was soooo lovely. I wanted some advice though from all you experts. I thought this was over priced, although in lovely condition? The interior carpet in the boot & by drivers door kept popping out, the sales guy in garage said that the carpets were never cut to size properly is this true?

I also don't have a garage, it would be an everyday car, is there problems in the winter? I'm I better waiting til I have a garage to keep it in?

Sorry to ask soo many questions on a 1st go, I keep talking myself into & out of buying it!!
Yep.... carpets were cut at the Longbridge primary school by the workers under 5's playgroup...

£6K for an X-Plate 'F' is very expensive, you could get a later TF for that kind of money... prices do tend to be higher this time of year but still think you could do better!.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts