MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking stuff - as the sun is out- Next to the battery and at the rear of the fuse box there are 2 "spare" connectors (not connected to anything) one in a bag and one not in a bag , just wondering what they are for

Attachments

·
Registered
mg_tf
2,364 Posts
taichiman said:
Just checking stuff - as the sun is out- Next to the battery and at the rear of the fuse box there are 2 "spare" connectors (not connected to anything) one in a bag and one not in a bag , just wondering what they are for
they are the connections for the webasto pre heater

·
Registered
mgb
1,452 Posts
7T5 said:
how can i tell if my car has it fitted and how do i work it? is there a switch somewhrere?
It would be bolted to the front of the battery box, you can't miss it, it would be connected to the hoses you can see in taichiman's picture.

It works automatically and switches on when the temperature is below5 degrees, a search on 'webasto' or 'fuel burning heater' will give you more info.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a box with Webasto on it as you describe. Is it a diesel thing, and what does it pre heat? is it linked to the remote warming of the car from the comfort of your house?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Webasto Heater

Gosh your'e lucky doublekite. Bet you are looking forward to winter now. Beleive it was fitted as standard up to cost cutting time. I just missed out ! ! Is it not mentioned in your owners manual ? Just think, I could have pinched yours and you wouldn't even have noticed ! !

·
Registered
459 Posts
Pre heater

Not got an owners manual.
Is it a pre heater Ive got then? And is it remote controlable? And how? I had imagined there was a timer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This preheater works best in the winter and is a fuel burning heater that supplies heated water for the cabin air con, it is controlled by external and temp settings set up in the cab!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts