MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing components into my front doors on my 216. Im just wondering if there is anywhere decent indside the doors to mount the crossovers? If not, where else in the car could I do it?
Cheers

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
If you're going to mount them in the doors, wrap them in a waterproof plastic bag, with the open end clamped around the speaker wires using an elastic band... this will help prevent the water from damaging them. You can cable tie them to any non moving part in the door which won't put them in the way of the window winding mechanism/moving parts.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finished installing my drivers side components tonight, after a bit of tinkering, thinking and labouring!

I eventually decided to mount the crossovers inside the car on the plastic bit next to the bottom corner of where the door opens (kinda difficult to explain!).

It took me a while to run the cables between the door and cabin, but I'm pleased I did do it as the corssovers will be insulated better inside the cabin I believe.

I have checked the speaker works by running it off my head unit, amp and wiring kit should be coming tomorrow to enable me to finish off the install!

Here's a couple of pics of tonights progress:
Speaker mount:

Speaker mount in door:

Speaker mounted in door:

Door card back on:

Tweeter mounted in door handle, ready to be fitted:

Let me know what you think?! I'm pleased with the tweeter mount, and although the pic shows it as off centre, it is just the angle the photo was taken from, promise!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts