MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys and girls. Been searching previous threads for answer with no joy.

Question: What screenwasher additives do you use?:idea:

I have a Rover BRM, and have tried all manner of mixes. For the reason you may ask is, as the rear wash don't get used much, it keeps clogging when the mix dries out, requiring a poke with a needle.:_poke:

Question: Is the rearwash motor powerfull enough to blow the crap out?:sick2:

I ask, cause previous threads seem to have a similar problem. With no answers.:banghead:

I'm now using a mix of CarPlan Screenwash with RainX Original :confused:

I'd like a mix that also don't stain the bodywork after I've spent hours cleaning it.:mad:

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Sorry I can't read it. Probably best to use normal text rather than black on dark blue background.

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
yeh. best use normal text and make your sig about 4 times smaller (about the same size of mine is ideal).

To answer your question, if its gunking up, then you've got too much mixture in there. you're only supposed to use like a cap full in a full tank of the washer fluid. Thats how i do it and i use my screen wash all the time :D
Steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry for being a bit of a pleb......Text looked OK on laptop, but when viewed on PC it was dog. Was having a boring day. :bored:

Thanx Steve. But it's not like I'm new at this. It's only like making a cup of tea.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
man, stop coloring your texts :)

I use the forum with the white theme so I see nothing unless a hilight your text...

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,274 Posts
Agreed about screenwash clogging up pump filters. Coarser had same problem before swapped for ZS.

Try using the liquid more dilute, the only reason for the concentrations reccomended is to stop freezing and make you buy more. Also go for the less "blue" concentrates. The blue is dye. what may be better is clear surgical sprit mixed with water. No dye and no soap to dry.

·
Registered
190 Posts
on my 200 the rear wash wouldn't work anyways blew out with a airline now works fine i just use normal screen wash and water nothing fancy simple things do the job

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Didn't think it was possilbe to dilute water.:lol: No seriously.. Thanx for the top two replies...I'll take it to work tonight and give it the recommended bj. And in future keep the mix less rich.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts