MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have colour coded my door handles; Im interested in seeing photos of someones car in Tahiti Blue (93) with the rubstrips colour coded, as i would like to see if it looks good.

·
Registered
458 Posts
that looks really good colour coded, how do you get the handles off to paint them and also what proccess do you use to get a good finish when painting?

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that with your rub strips colour coded?

Too do the door handles is very easy; take the door cards off then, remove the membrane, remove the one bolt holding the window slider, then remove two bolts holding the handle remove and disonnect the yellow clip and the handles yours, then use a punch to remove the 2 bars in the handle remove the spring, and the yellow clip. Pull the rubber stops out prep and spray. Then do the reverse.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
^^^^
Thats one of the reason why I decided to mod my car and waste my money on it!!
Damn you ashy!! :D

Suppose when my student funds run out, I always have a nice car to sleep in..

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
You probably should find it yourself ashy....much more satisfying if you find it. The image will be gleamingly obvious as to which one reaper is on about!!

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
haha well thats what I stumbled across when I did the search...
It would have impressed me to see a picture of myself as I am not a Rover nor am I Tahiti Blue :)

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Stumbled across the image of your lovely face..... :)
Just had the scary thought that if I said, "Ugly mug", your fist would come flying through my screen and bop me on the nose. I dont think I would want to get on your bad side!!

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stumbled across the image of your lovely face..... :)
Just had the scary thought that if I said, "Ugly mug", your fist would come flying through my screen and bop me on the nose. I dont think I would want to get on your bad side!!
LOL, thought it would be of interest for you.

·
Registered
458 Posts
were do i find the colour code on my car and also where is the best place to get all the kit from, i was looking in halfords and its 6quid a can of spray.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
were do i find the colour code on my car and also where is the best place to get all the kit from, i was looking in halfords and its 6quid a can of spray.
Hehe back on point I see....
Try the middle A pillar between the doors. Should be on a small silver piece of metal. Or alternatively, post a picture of your car and people should be able to tell your right away.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
£6 for a large can, normal cans are £3.99 IRC.
Also they regularly have buy 2 get 3rd free offers.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hehe back on point I see....
Try the middle A pillar between the doors. Should be on a small silver piece of metal. Or alternatively, post a picture of your car and people should be able to tell your right away.
how many differnt types of red are there in 1998? many?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts