MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Put a new top hose on my 420 GSI, as i had broken the bleed screw. My aircon has stopped working which i assumed it needed re gassing after the new alternator was put in 2 weeks ago.

Problem is now it is overheating when stopped in traffic after 10 15 minutes, and teh fan does not kick in, even when i unplug the Coolant temp sensor.. Any ideas?

Thanks Neil

·
Registered
129 Posts
yep! same thing happened to me and i was told it was the head gasket, which i did myself and it turned out it wasnt (LOL) oh well you live and learn...

Find the thermostatic fan switch (not sure where this is on your model) and short out the two terminals with a piece of wire, it it dnt work then find a new 1!

I cudnt find my fan switch so i hard wired the fan up to a switch in the car, job sorted not had the problem since!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
pull off rad fan wiring connector ...and connect battery charger to it ....you may have to use a couple of nails
this will check fan is OK ...
if fan is OK .....
you then have to check the fuses .which one it is ...i don't know.
thermostatic fan switch is the cts ...isnt it ?

anyway ..like you said ...this was discinected and the fan didnt come on ...like it should have .

all the best.mark

·
Registered
mg_zs
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have not had chance to check this yet, but thinking about it, could this be why the Aircon is not working - because the fan is not?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
so you are more concerned about the air con, than the car over heating.

by any chance are you a fan of that awful show.. pimp my ride

:)

all the best.mark

·
Registered
mg_zs
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you are more concerned about the air con, than the car over heating.

by any chance are you a fan of that awful show.. pimp my ride

:)

all the best.mark
No I have 2 things to fix, and wondered if one was causing the other.

You can take your obviously irritating arse plug out now.

:eek:mg2:

Thanks for your previous help.

All the best. Tony.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts