MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps,

I now have the K&N down by the battery, at the front of the car where the old airbox used to be.

I know I need good cold air-feeds but the big Q is..... Where from????

I don't think the standard air feed is much good and want a more direct air source. There is plenty of room infront of the radiator but the radiator is in the way of getting ducting through.

So how can i get some ducting from this empty space to my K&N???

Puzzled me for ages!!!!

Any help would be gr8 :D :cloud9:

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
My mate just routed his 75mm wide bore feed straight down to under the car and pointing forward and squashed the bit under the car into an eliptical shape, so it wasn't visible.
Not a problem if your car isn't lowered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i routed mine over through the valance on the driver side of the radiator (it doesnt go all the way across) then up over the fan and down to the filter. sorta the long way round but once u get above 40 u get plently of ram through there.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ive got mine going over the manafold down to the bottom grille direct air force there! the only reason ive got it going over the manafold is because its too big to put any where else its 4 inch wide,it can get hot but get your self sum heatproof tape wrap it round it and youve got your self a fat air duct you can tell the differance on the open road and top end has inproved.The only problem is when your engine is nice and warm and your at a set of traffic lights and you want to put your foot down theres lots of induction roar but no go till you get 2 about 30 then the air starts flowing and then she starts pulling!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll be doing this over the weekend, as hopefully my new K&N will be here soon.

I'm going to cut away at the resonance box and run a pipe down to that area. I might even relocate the filter down to under the battery tray (after cutting away some of the old resonance box). Hopefully with the remaining area of the resonance box, it should protect the filter from splashes and dirt :)

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
agw_01 said:
I'll be doing this over the weekend, as hopefully my new K&N will be here soon.

I'm going to cut away at the resonance box and run a pipe down to that area. I might even relocate the filter down to under the battery tray (after cutting away some of the old resonance box). Hopefully with the remaining area of the resonance box, it should protect the filter from splashes and dirt :)
Why are you going to cut it instead of just removing it? I doubt you'll get anything splashing up there anyway, nothing gets the chance to.
If that was the case the underside of your engine would be full of crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts