MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who, last night, after seeing that glimmer of sunlight, nipped out and spent an hour washing your car? Eh?
Can't only have been me....:doh:
I'm gutted this morning, looked like a pool of liquid metal when it was all nice and clean.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
me too :shh:

when i got up at half five it started raining :(

by the time I got to work it was covered in filth again :(

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank god it's not just me who felt like a bit of a numpty at 6am. When the alarm went off and I heard the rain, a little part of my soul keeled over and died....:shake: It's rained now for nearly a whole week. It's sooooooo wrong! I've not had chance to Carlack the 75 yet. :(
Doesn't look too bad, but then silver never does till you get up close. Then only good thing was watching the mental beading coming down the M42...little balls of water rolling up towards the windscreen:bgrin2:

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Wasn't just you. :(

got up and had a gasper and a cup of coffee and I heard the tap tap tap on the window, my heart sank. I wanted to see how long halfrauds own brand tyre shine lasted too :(

I love the water wobbling up the bonnet, makes putting your foot down even more fun!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I was really tempted as the ZR is in a state. Might as well leave it until Saturday now, ready for Cosford on Sunday:D.

Rich.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm tempted to come down to Cosford but weekends are bloody awkward with my missus working nights :(

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm tempted to come down to Cosford but weekends are bloody awkward with my missus working nights :(
Leave her at home in bed then. Sorted :D Or just say your popping along for a couple of hours. Not your fault if you accidentally get blocked in! :lol:

Rich.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, yeah it'd be me and the little un though...not that he'll be any trouble mind, just depends on his teeth, if I can get away wihtout bringing half of boots with me I'll try and get down, weather permitting.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
our jags usually clean... so when the waters sat there all beaded on the bonnet... and the foot gets planted.

oh yes :D

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Mine needs a wash, and going over with the old AG SRP, I thought I was going to do it Saturday just gone, but my OH had ideas about going shopping, and then being "out for a drive" in the New Forest..................which was nice, but it rained all day Sunday didn't it:eyes: so no car washing yet.

Ah well, if it stops raining this week...............................

·
Registered
19,006 Posts
i got my new grill and front splitter today so off to get some paint at the weekend and the car will be getting them sprayed and fitted from a good friend. Will ask him to give it a good buff all over to get her really shining before going out and killing lots of flys

looking forward to see what it ends up like. Expect it to be ready by a week on sat :bgrin:

ill get some before and after shots up ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah, I was tinkering with my motor yesterday, then at 5pm the sun came out, decided to give it a clean. Rain followed then had to park under a tree at work. Now covered in soggy blossom & leaves. Why do we bother :confused::dunno::wtf:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts