MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will probably sound really mad but I have warranty on my car and it covers the clutch. I've been paying for a few months now and want to get my moneys worth. I'm not commuting in the car everyday so was wondering how to break my clutch and get it fixed by the warranty company. The clutch pedal is quite high (which I have been told is common) and reckon this will get sorted when the warranty company sort it.

cheers

·
Registered
283 Posts
You could try cutting the clutch cable!!Under the bonnet on right hadn side you will see a blue collar. Pull on it it reveasles the cable. Just take a slice out of it then fray it so it looks like where and tear and not sabotage!(Please dont hold me responsible though for this suggestion haha!)Rover clutches are high though by the way, so you may be disappointed if it comes back exactly the same!

·
Registered
mg_zr
21 Posts
Rover 25 clutch pedal height is high, a new clutch will not address this.

MKII series 25/ZR's have a modified clutch pedal height.

There is a mod on here that suggests adding a material behind the clutch pedal mechanism to take up the 'slack' part of the travel, effectively lowering the height. Care should be taken with this though, with regard to release bearing wear or such like.

I would not personally trust any warranty - wear and tear is often not covered, be carefull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts