MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Thursday night I was driving to see my girlfriend in Sheffield. When I tried to pull away from a set of lights the car stalled as I lifted the clutch up. So I re-started the engine only to find the pedal had moved to the bottom of the footwell. I could move the pedal back and forward with my foot, but it seemed to have lost it's springy-ness.

After calling the RAC out, thinking it was a broken cable, it turns out that some form of mount that holds the cable into the gearbox had broken off. I'm not a mechanic, so I've not really got much idea what has happened. Cue being towed from Sheffield - York :(

I've not really had a chance to go to any garages this weekend and those I've called have been shut.

How much do you think this will cost to fix?

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Sounds like the bracket holding the clutch slave cylinder to the gearbox has broken - not seen that before!

I can't see it being a huge job to fix, plus the bracket can't be expensive!

You could also have it welded up :err:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have had this same problem with my rover I do not know how old this thred is but I got a new bracket for 1 pound at silver lake auto scrap yard but they are a ***** to get of any car! may be this will help. Go to a scarpy and be prepared to have a hard time geting it off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts